Aaron Pico beats Adli Edwards all over for TKO
SAN JOSE, Calif. – Aaron Pico keeps rolling.
On Friday’s Bellator 277 main card at SAP Center, Pico (10-3 MMA, 10-3 BMMA) put in a technically sound jab at short-notice foe Adli Edwards (9-2 MMA, 0-1 BMMA) en route to a TKO stoppage at 0:55 of Round 3.
From the opening bell, Pico mixed his tools. When the strike did some damage and Edwards took cover, Pico took the fight to the ground. Once Edwards found his feet, Pico made him pay with punches to the head and body.
Tougher than many, Edwards hung on there. He largely absorbed visibly hurtful damage, but apparently didn’t shake off before the final barrage. A forehand to the head started things off, followed by a left hook to the body. Edwards collapsed and referee Mike Beltran dove to save him.
That’s all she wrote! 👀
— BellatorMMA (@BellatorMMA) April 16, 2022
With the win, Pico adds another win to the longest streak of his six-year career. A fighter who has spent his entire MMA career under the Bellator banner, Pico had a rocky start to his mixed martial arts career. But since a 4-3 start, Pico has continually shown signs of improvement, as he continues to develop into an elite fighter. Other wins in his current streak include Justin Gonzales, Aiden Lee, John De Jesus, Solo Hatley Jr. and Daniel Carey.
Pico was originally supposed to fight compatriot Jeremy Kennedy at Bellator 277. However, less than two weeks before Friday’s card, Kennedy pulled out due to injury and was replaced by Edwards.
As for Edwards, the loss ends a seven-game winning streak. Edwards fought just 13 days ago, when he beat 10-pound-plus Josh Harvey at XMMA 4.
Updated Bellator 277 results include:
- Aaron Pico beats. Adli Edwards via TKO (strikes) – Round 3, 0:55
- Linton Vassell beats. Tim Johnson via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 4:21
- Tyson Miller beats. Khalan Gracie via TKO (doctor stoppage) – Round 1, 5:00
- Tyrell Fortune defeats. Rakim Cleveland via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 1:38
- Dovletzhan Yagshimuradov defeated. Rafael Carvalho via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 4:04
- Bobby Seronio III defeated. Calob Ramirez via KO (punch) – Round 2, 2:14
- Gaston Bolanos defeated. Daniel Carey via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 4:59
- Kyle Crutchmer defeats. Michael Lombardo via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Edwin De Los Santos defeated. Alberto Martinez Mendez by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Rogelio Luna defeats. Socrates Hernandez via TKO (punches) – Round 3, 4:48
- Laird Anderson beats. JT Donaldson via submission (rear naked choke) – Round 1, 2:44
- Theo Haig defeated. Alan Benson via submission (rear naked choke) – Round 1, 2:08