Mixed Martial Arts: Bonane, Matsiko win as Among falls to Serena
The majority of the fighters at the mixed martial arts night at the Kampala Serena Hotel were from host Uganda. Others came from Nigeria, South Africa, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Tanzania, Ethiopia and Kenya.
𝟏 𝐙𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐱𝐞𝐝 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐀𝐫𝐭 Fights:
- Main fight: Joseph “Busungu” Bonane (Uganda) Beat Shifa Awal (Ethiopia)
- Alex “Lion Heart” Matisko (Uganda) defeated Emmanuel “Fearless Dragon” Osujji (Nigeria)
- Juliet Chukwu (Nigeria) defeated Rebecca Among (Uganda)
The recently concluded Mixed Martial Arts night at the Kampala Serena Hotel in Uganda was a complete success.
With 22 fighters in action from 7 countries, the night delivered the expected chills, excitement, shocks and sparks.
A total of 11 tantalizing fights were watched by a cheering crowd.
It was a dubbed sweet night in the cage and the killer vibes to the side.
The majority of the fighters came from host Uganda. Others came from Nigeria, South Africa, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Tanzania, Ethiopia and Kenya.
The main event was in the bantamweight category as Ugandan Joseph “Busungu” Bonane defeated Ethiopian Shifa Awal by a unanimous decision after three intense rounds.
Both fighters showcased lightning-paced punching, clinch, kicking, grounding, and pounding situations throughout each of the rounds.
In super lightweight, Alex “Lion Heart” Matisko (Uganda) defeated Nigeria’s Emmanuel “Fearless Dragon” Osujji (Nigeria) after three 3-round rounds of extreme action, blocks and takedowns.
The only female fight was at bantamweight won by Nigerian Juliet Chukwu who beat Rebecca Among (Uganda).
Umaru Kasozi (Uganda) edged out Kenyan Peter Njuguna in the light-heavyweight division by unanimous decision.
During welterweight; Lawrence Mukiibi (Uganda) defeated Kevin Fashigabo of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) by submission.
South African Raymond “Razor” Acutt defeated Ugandan Henry Kirangwa by submission (Triangle Choke) in one of the featherweight bouts.
Elsewhere, Tanzanian Chris Tibenda beat Stephen Rackara as Isaac Omeda eliminated fellow Ugandan Justin Okot.
Rodgers Manana edged out another Danish Ugandan Okello in the lightweight division.
In the same weight class, Dickens Ogwang, a double fighter rounded it all off with a fine finish to beat fellow Ugandan Ibrahim Abdalla via a technical knockout.
Hussein Gitta defeated Denis Okeny in the super welterweight section with an impressive first knockout.
It was the second time the mixed martial arts extravaganza had taken place in Uganda.
Light and heavy weight:
- Umaru Kasozi (Uganda) defeats Peter Njuguna (Kenya)
- Lawrence Mukiibi (Uganda) defeats Kevin Fashigabo (DR Congo)
- Raymond “Razor” Acutt (South Africa) def. Henry Kirangwa (Uganda) – Submission (Triangle Choke)
- Chris Tibenda (Tanzania) defeats Stephen Rackara (Uganda)
- Isaac Omeda (Uganda) beat Justin Okot (Uganda) – KO
- Rodgers Manana (Uganda) defeats Denmark’s Okello (Uganda)
- Dickens Ogwang (Uganda) defeats Ibrahim Abdalla (Uganda) – technical knockout
- Hussein Gitta (Uganda) defeats Denis Okeny (Uganda)