RMMAU team unveiled for MMA Supercup
Teams RMMAU and Ireland will meet in the first round of the quarter-final tournament, facing off in 9 bouts across 9 weight classes. The team with the most wins in each nation’s match advances to the next round.
With the top 4 ranked IMMAF nations placed in opposite brackets, the quarter-finals will also see Team Bahrain take on Tajikistan, Kazakhstan take on the Balkan Champions and Team Ukraine take on the Arab Champions.
The RMMAU is proud to be the first national team to announce its roster of athletes, as follows:
● Bantamweight (135 lbs): Gadzhimurad Zavaev, representative of Dagestan
● Featherweight (145 lbs): Kurban Zainukov, Leningrad Oblast
● Lightweight (155 lbs): Akhmed Khadaev, Vologda Oblast
Reserve – Omaraskhab Yusupov, representative of Dagestan
● Welterweight (170 lbs): Abdulla Aliyev, representative of Dagestan
Reserve – Kamil Sheikhamatov, Moscow
● Average weight (185 lbs): Yusup Magomedov, Moscow
● Light heavyweight (205 lbs): Dzhamal Medzhidov, Voronezh region
● Heavyweight (265 lbs): Shamil Kuramagomedov, representative of Dagestan
● Flyweight (125 lbs): Malika Kuchaeva, representative of Dagestan
Reserve – Lyubov Salnikova, Kemerovo Obl.
● Bantamweight (135 lbs): Tatiana Postarnakova, Kaliningrad Obl.
Coaches: Shamil Alibatyrov, Gasanali Gasanaliev and Andrey Terentiev.
Team head coach Gennady Pavlovich Kapshay commented:
“The team includes both the winners of the IMMAF World Championship held in Abu Dhabi, and the winners of the IMMAF European Championship in Kazan and the Russian Championship in Kemerovo. Today is objectively the best roster, considering the pandemic. I can’t hide the fact that we feel lucky with our draw, since on the other side of the table are three strong national teams from Bahrain, Kazakhstan and Tajikistan must meet early. The dark horse, in my opinion, will be the champions of the Balkans. To win each round, it will be enough to win five fights.
The SuperCup MMA takes place under IMMAF Amateur MMA Rules and Rules of the World Anti-Doping Agency. All competitors will be medically pre-cleared by Safe MMA.
The MMA SuperCup is jointly organized by the IMMAF, KHK Sports, the Bahrain MMA Federation and the BRAVE Combat Federation. It runs from March 8-12, during BRAVE International Combat Week, with BRAVE CF 57 taking place on Friday the 11th and an opening ceremony on March 8.
Roberto Villa is the CEO, Founder, Executive Writer, Editor of FightBook MMA. Has a passion for combat sports and also a podcast host for Sitting Ringside. He is also a veteran MMA fighter and Kickboxer.
#MMA #CombatSportsNews #BRAVECF #UFC #MuayThai #Boxing #Kickboxing #Prowrestling #BareKnuckleFighting