Simranjit Kaur Profile Tokyo 2021 Olympic Games Know Your Olympic Boxing Statistics Pictures Recent Qualifying Results
Boxing was not an unknown sport for Simranjit Kaur during his formative years as all of his siblings were already practicing it. After seeing them take the ring and nudge her mother, Kaur became interested in sports. Kaur’s first breakthrough came in 2011 when she won a bronze medal at the 6th National Junior Girls Boxing Championship held in Patiala. She went to represent India at the 2013 World Youth Championship and won the bronze medal in the 60 kg category. After passing through the Senior National and the Open National, respectively in 2017, Kaur won two bronze medals at the Senior International Championship in Kazakhstan in the same year. Her first international gold medal came at the 2018 Ahmet Comert International Boxing Tournament. Later in the year, she won the bronze medal at the 2018 AIBA Women’s World Boxing Championships in the light welterweight category. The following year, Kaur won his second international gold medal at the 23rd President’s International Boxing Tournament in Labuan Baju, Indonesia. The 25-year-old national champion secured her ticket to the Tokyo Olympics after settling for silver after losing the 57-64 kg lightweight final in the Asian Olympic qualifiers held in Amman, Jordan.
Age – 25
Sport / Discipline – Boxing
Work classification – 6 (AIBA, 2020 list)
First Olympic Games – Tokyo Olympics 2020
– Silver – 60kg women category, 2021, International Boxam tournament, in Castellon, Spain.
– Silver – women’s category 57-64 kg, 2020, Asian Olympic qualifiers, in Amman, Jordan.
– Gold – 60kg women category, 2019, 23rd President’s Cup international boxing tournament, in Labuan Baju, Indonesia.
– Silver – 64kg women category, 2019, Asian Boxing Championships in Bangkok, Thailand.
– Gold – category 64kg women, 2018, Ahmet Comert International Boxing Tournament, in Istanbul, Turkey.
– Bronze – women’s welterweight category, 2018, AIBA Women’s World Boxing Championships, New Delhi, India.
– N / A
Tokyo Olympic Games Qualifiers
World bronze medalist Simranjit Kaur (60kg) surprised second seed Namuun Monkhor of Mongolia 5-0 in the Asian qualifiers to secure her first Olympic spot.
Prior to securing his spot at the Tokyo Olympics, Kaur captured a silver medal at the 2019 Asian Boxing Championships in Bangkok, Thailand. And after a silver medal at the 2021 Boxam International Tournament, in Castellon, Spain, she will be looking to step on the podium this year at the Olympics.
Performances at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
N / A
Read all the latest news, breaking news and coronavirus news here