Sumiko Inaba puts unbeaten record on the line at Bellator 279
Hawaii’s Sumiko Inaba will put her unbeaten record on the line at home later this month.
Flyweight Inaba (3-0) is scheduled to face Whittany Pyles (3-4) at Bellator 279 on April 23, 2022. Promotion officials confirmed the fight on Wednesday, following an initial report from MMA enthusiast.
Inaba, 31, has spent his entire professional career under the Bellator MMA banner, having compiled a 5-1 record as an amateur. All three wins came inside the distance; most recently, she featured Randi Field at Bellator 269 last October.
Pyles will make his promotional debut in the fight, riding a two-fight winning streak in the Hawaiian card. In her last outing, she picked up a unanimous decision victory over Lisa Mauldin at LFA 127.
Despite starting her career at 0-3, Pyles turned the tide, going 3-1 in her next four fights.
Bellator 279 takes place at Neal S. Blaisdell Arena in Honolulu, Hawaii on April 23, 2022. The card currently features the following matches:
- Cris Cyborg (c) vs. Arlene Blencowe – for the Bellator MMA Women’s Featherweight Championship
- Juan Archuleta vs. Raufeon Stots – for Bellator MMA Interim Bantamweight Championship / Bantamweight Grand Prix Quarter-Final
- Ilima-Lei Macfarlane vs. Justine Kish
- Kyoji Horiguchi vs. Patchy Mix – bantamweight grand prix quarterfinal
- Lance Gibson Jr vs. Nainoa Dung
- Kai Kamaka III vs. Justin Gonzales
- Goiti Yamauchi vs. Levan Chokheli
- Yancy Medeiros vs Emmanuel Sanchez
- Keoni Diggs vs. Bobby King
- Randi Field vs. Maraya Miller
- Janay Harding vs. Dayana Silva
- Ryan Dela Cruz vs. Jordan Winski
- Sumiko Inaba vs Whittany Pyles