UFC 266 – Alexander Volkanovski vs. Brian Ortega: Fight Card, Date, Rumors, Odds, Location, Complete Guide
The UFC is set to return to the PPV on September 25 with a trio of big fights leading the marquee. UFC 266 will take place inside T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas as the highlight of this year’s International Fight Week and will see featherweight champion Alexander Volkanovski put his title on the line against top contender Brian Ortega . The two were coaches for the final season of “The Ultimate Fighter” and were previously scheduled to meet in March, but Volkanovski was forced to step down from the meeting after contracting COVID-19.
Volkanovski won the featherweight title from Max Holloway in December 2019 and successfully defended it when he made a controversial split decision in the rematch. He is currently leading a 19-game winning streak. Ortega was sidelined after losing a title match to Holloway in December 2018, but returned last October to clinch an impressive victory over Chan Sung Jung, netting his ticket to a title shot.
Can’t get enough of boxing and MMA? Get the latest news in the world of combat sports from two of the best in the business. Subscribe to Morning Kombat with Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell for the best analysis and in-depth news, including the best scenarios to watch at UFC 266 in Las Vegas below.
But that’s not all. Flyweight champion Valentina Shevchenko is back when she faces top competitor Lauren Murphy. Additionally, a pair of legends can be traced back almost two decades earlier when Nick Diaz returned to the Octagon to take on Robbie Lawler. Diaz hasn’t fought since January 2015 and will be back in a fight with Lawler that first took place in 2004. The card also sees a pair of heavyweights trying to contend for the title when Curtis Blaydes meets Jairzinho Rozenstruik . The female flyweights get the main card when Jessica Andrade meets Cynthia Calvillo.
Here’s a look at the expected fight card for Las Vegas with the latest odds from Caesars Sportsbook.
UFC 266 fight card, odds
- Alexander Volkanovski (c) -170 v Brian Ortega +145, featherweight championship
- Valentina Shevchenko (c) -1400 v Lauren Murphy +800, Women’s Flyweight Championship
- Robbie Lawler -110 vs. Nick Diaz -110, welterweight
- Curtis Blaydes -310 v Jairzinho Rozenstruik +250, heavyweights
- Jessica Andrade -280 vs. Cynthia Calvillo +230, women’s flyweight
- Merab Dvalishvili -260 v Marlon Moraes +210, bantamweight
- Dan Hooker -165 v Nasrat Haqparast +140, lightweight
- Chris Daukaus -195 v Shamil Abdurakimov +165, heavyweights
- Talia Santos -370 against Roxanne Modafferi +290, flyweight women
- Uros Medic -125 vs. Jalin Turner +105, lightweight
- Manon Fiorot -270 against Mayra Bueno Silva +220, flyweight women
- Karl Roberson -115 vs. Nick Maximov -105, middleweight
- Matthew Semelsberger -420 vs. Martin Sano +330, welterweight
- Omar Morales -150 v Jonathan Pearce +125, lightweight
UFC 266 Info
- Dated: September 25
- Site: T-Mobile Arena – Las Vegas, Nevada
- Start time: 10 p.m. ET (Main Card) | 8 p.m. ET (preliminaries)
- How to watch: ESPN + on demand | ESPN News (preliminary)