UFC 267 Results – Glover Teixeira vs. Jan Blachowicz: Fight Card, Highlights, Complete Guide
UFC 267 is on the books and two fighters have gold wrapped around their waists. The event, which took place on Fight Island in Abu Dhabi, was rolled out with high profile action and dramatic theater throughout.
Glover Teixeira, the 42-year-old light heavyweight, managed to win the 205-pound title from Jan Blachowicz with a dominant performance in the main event. Teixeira, who fought for the title only once before in 2014, used his incredible grappling game to take out the champion before landing a massive strike in the second round to stage the victory by submission.
Now it looks like the veteran will meet top contender Jiri Prohcazka after the challenger has been to the edge of the cage for the event.
Plus, Petr Yan is golden again after a masterful performance against Cory Sandhagen in the main co-event. Yan has taken his opponent’s unanimous decision to win the interim bantamweight title as full champion Aljamain Sterling continues to recover from neck surgery.
Can’t get enough of boxing and MMA? Get the latest news in the world of combat sports from two of the best in the business. Subscribe to Morning Kombat with Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell for the best analysis and in-depth news, including instant analysis of UFC 267 right after the event ends.
Additionally, Islam Makhachev and Khamzat Chimaev recalled why they could be next in the lightweight and welterweight divisions, respectively, with dominant outings on the undercard. Makhachev scored a first-round submission via Kimura on Dan Hooker to take his winning streak to nine. Chimaev, meanwhile, outscored Li Jingliang for his own first-round substitute, as he absorbed just one big strike in his first four Octagon appearances.
CBS Sports was with you throughout the week in Abu Dhabi with the latest news and updates regarding this fight card. Thanks for watching all week and see you at UFC 268.
UFC fight card 267, results
- Glover Teixeira beat. Jan Blachowicz (c) via second round submission (bare rear choke)
- Petr Yan (ic) beat. Cory Sandhagen via unanimous decision (49-46, 49-46, 49-46)
- Islam Makhachev has def. Dan Hooker via First Round Submission (kimura)
- Alexander Volkov beat. Marcin Tybura by decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Khamzat Chimaev defeated. Li Jingliang via the first round submission (naked rear choke)
- Magomed Ankalaev defeated. Volkan Oezdemir via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Amanda Ribas beat. Virna Jandiroba via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Zubaira Tukhugov beat. Ricardo Ramos via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Albert Duraev beat. Roman Kopylov via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-27, 29-27)
- Elizeu Zaleski Dos Santos def. Benoit Saint-Denis by unanimous decision (29-26, 29-26, 29-26)
- Michal Oleksiejczuk beats. Shamil Gamzatov via TKO in the first round (punches)
- Lerone Murphy defeated Makwan Amirkhani by KO in the second round (knee)
- AndrÃ© Petroski beat. Yaozong Hu via third round submission (arm-triangle choke)
- Tagir Ulanbekhov defeats. Allan Nascimento by split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)